Thursday, July 12

makan-makan

Being half Singaporean I guess that explains why my family and I have always had this thing for Singapore food i.e Nasi Beriayani Gam, Murtabak Singapore, Kacang Phol and “roti perancis” (baguette). When my dad told us about Victory Restaurant (they started off in Arab Street, Singapore) and they now have a branch in USJ, we were smiling from ear to ear. My arwah mama tried the nasi beriyani once and she had no complains at all. I am sure she loved it and since it met her taste requirement. With that in mind, I can assure you memang sedap la nasi beriyani Victory. No more traveling down south for us as those murtabak Singapore are now within reach.

Two weeks back we went to Victory Restaurant again for breakfast and the kacang phol was yummylicious! Burp! The murtabaks they serve are not like the ones you normally see here. It is covered with beef, onions and eggs and the texture is so crunchy…for those of you who would want to give it a try, Victory Restaurant is located at No:21-1, Jalan USJ9/5Q, Taipan Business Centre, Subang Jaya (right turn after the mosque).



the yummylicious kacang phol

the beef murtabak
lil cophie with her roti canai..

Ayol my nephew was still in a sleepy mode...

Apart from the murtabak mission, my weekends have been hectic with an engagement in Taiping which I really fancied, groceries' shopping, entertaining my hyper nephew and niece who usually get on pretty well with each other :P and an uncle who was here visiting us from Jakarta.

the two chiwawas who went groceries' shopping with me.


on the way to Taiping

My uncle’s first question when his plane touched down at KLIA airport was “Sudah musim durian di KL?” So that is when all the durian sessions started for him and the rest of the family. But not for me though as I do not fancy durian eversince I was a kid. However this uncle of mine managed to enjoy all those "killer" durians from Taiping and also the juicy ones my dad got him when they went balik kampung to Ulu Langat. Oh gosh I have never seen someone who can eat durian that much. And the last time I checked he had more of those durians when he went to Chow Kit!! Unbelievable :D

BTW just to share the info below with the durian lovers out there :-

4 comments:

Seeking Solace said...

Oh I must try this resto! I love kacang pol and murtabak (org johor hehehe). I also have a craving for good beryani :)
Thanks for the tip :)

Captain Kangaroo said...

Mak aii.....

banyaknyerrrr makannnnnnnn :P

Angel Eyes said...

I'm soo hungry!!!!!

Nour said...

SS,
give a try...let me know what you think of it..:)
Org Johor untungla coz dishes that originates from Johor semua sedap2 ie. lontong, sambal goreng, mee soto, laksa johor, mee rebus, I can really go on and on and on...

drfrap,
hehe go la and try the murtabak..sedap!!!burp!

angel,
did you get to go to zam2 hari tu??
haritu kan I gi islamic conference, I saw a few ppl from your dept la...if I am not mistakenla..:D