Wednesday, July 18

In remembrance.....

As soon as my eyes were wide open in the early hours of the morning today, the first thing that hit me is the fact that today is the 40th day since my mom passed away. It is true that as time goes by, it does not hurt as much as it used to especially like those first few weeks but it still hurts since I miss my mom dearly. I still breakdown when I am with my sisters though. Just like what our family doctor told my sis, she said, “you will miss your mom all through your life, no matter what!”.
My sis (L), nephew Ayol and arwah mama (R)
Memories I have of my arwah mama are still fresh in my mind. I can still remember the important role she played in my life:-
  • I can still recall how she single handedly organized a birthday party when I was a kid. Where we had party favours in the shapes of gigantic sweets, 'pin the worm to the apple' kind of game etc..
  • How determined she was back then to help me with my Geography paper when I was preparing for my SRP. She knew how much I really hated Geography. Months before the exam she would sit with me while I did my revision. She was strict but at the same time I knew she did it with all her heart. Eventually I realized, how important education is to my mom.
  • I am glad that she was strict with me when I was in high school.

  • She insisted that I had my hair cut when she visited me during my first year abroad.
  • She sent me a dozen of roses when I was working for the first year on my birthday and she did it very discreetly as well.
  • She sent me the one and only birthday card she bought from Beijing when I was studying in England. Signed off as from: mama and ayah. My mom expresses her love always by actions seldom by words. She loves to write via the blue coloured Pos Malaysia aerogram when I was away, I remember having a box full of them when I graduated.

  • I used to watch Bold & Beautiful with her all the time. We would always compare notes when one is not able to catch a certain episode.
  • I can still remember how happy she was when she went for all our graduations.

  • I miss her nasi goreng with isi ikan. Simple but sedap!

  • I miss having her sleep in my bed and tell me what she thinks and how she feels while I laze around on the floor playing with the notebook.

  • I miss her strength, she has taught me to be independent and never to expect much from people, take charge and never be afraid to make decisions.

  • The most important thing I learn from her is whenever you are lost, open your mouth and ask for direction. She will always tell me “jangan takut tanya orang, that is how you learn".

  • I miss helping her get dress and I miss bathing her with the cream body wash.

  • I miss everything about her.

I just feel the need to write about her as it helps ease my pain.

She will always be close to my heart, every time I miss her, I will close my eyes and I can picture her.

Al Fatihah. Semoga Roh Arwah dicucuri Rahmat dan ditempatkan bersama orang-orang beriman. Amin.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

She used to send me those aerogramme thingy as well, always written with words of encouragement and always reminding me to be extra careful & suspicious of people (you know how she never liked the idea of me being in NYC). She doesn't show her affection easily but i know she loved us deeply by the sacrifices she had made, which only a mother could do & comperehend. It has been 40 days, yet it still hurts as much, people who has gone thru it tell me time will heal and so, i'm holding on to those words. I am still so heartbroken, who would ever know losing a loved one would be this heartbreaking (rejections & break-ups are like negligible la compared to this and I can take labor pain 100X more compared to losing a mother/loved one.) A mother's love is just so great that by losing her, leaves an emptiness in our hearts. Whenever i miss her, i too, will close my eyes so that i can see her...and i do. The feeling of regret of the things that should've been done,should've been said to her etc when she was still alive is slowly fading away and I know deep in my heart we have given her our best. Now we can continue by sedekah al-fatihah, yaasin, doing good deeds on behalf of her and simply, by becoming a good person so that she knows she has brought up her children well. After all, we know that was her main goal in life. Amin.

Angel Eyes said...

Very well written Nour.

Al-Fatihah.

UglyButAdorable said...

big hugs..u take care dear..

Dade Ghost said...

U have your friends sharing your sorrow. Al-fatihah.

Cosmic_GurL said...

Sorry to hear about your mother. Semoga rohnya dicucuri rahmat. Alfatihah

Nour said...

lil sis,
Yup heartbroken is the right word to describe the feeling. And most of them is undescriable. Anyways, we shld continue her legacy and be a good person as well as a good muslim. InsyaAllah. Al fatihah.

Angel,
Al-fatihah. It helps to pen down how I feel...definitely a therapy!
Thanks babe.

Adorable,
big hugs back to you..Thank you :)

DG,
It is always nice to have you here. Thanks for your advise/encouragements.

CG,
hey ya girl. thank you for your kind words.It helps having nice friends around...:).

Tynna said...

Nour...you made me shed a tear here...I feel yr pain...
You and yr lil sis must be strong and she knows that her children love her till the end of time...
How time flies ya Nour..we pass thru 40 days like nothing..for the departed it's 40 days gone..
Love yr mom like she's always there with both of you..that is yr strength..
When my mom died, everytime I looked at somebody's mom, I will be filled with anger and I secretly wished that they would die too...but those were a child's thoughts..
now I know..

trueblue said...

Just let it all out. It will ease the pain. Be strong, girl. Take care..

D.N.A.S said...

Tsk tsk. Made me wanna write a tribute to my arwah dad, too.
By the way, I hate Geography jugak.

gravtkills said...

alfatihah

Nour said...

feline,
heya sis it is always nice to have here commenting on my blog. You are right, My love for my mom never fades away in fact I love her more everyday. Thank you for yr words of encouragement..:)

trueblue,
thanks. Alhamdulillah, getting stronger by the day.

d.n.a.s,
Would be nice to read your entry of tribute..:)
Geography tu boring kan? asyik2 hafal jenis tanah, tanam-tanaman etc..

gravt,
thanks. al fatihah.

Anonymous said...

:( al-fatihah