Wednesday, June 20

A very difficult time for me...


Almost 2 weeks have gone by since my mom passed away. I still miss my mom so much, flashback and memories of her keep lingering in my head. I really miss talking and joking around with her. I miss taking care of her and especially touching and holding her. The toughest bit of all for me is when I had to go through her stuff and reorganize her clothes. I could not stop crying. When I am at home, I can still remember how it was like when she was walking around the house, hanging out with me in my room and we would always talk about anything under the sun.

Arwah has always been my pillar of strength and without my arwah mama, I feel as though I am carrying a big hole in my heart. I still wonder how I am gonna face life without her encouragements and motivation. She has always been there for me when I went through all the important events in my life as well as those times when I did disappoint her. My mom never fails to amaze me with her inner strength, determination to see her kids grow up to be “orang yang berguna” and her unconditional love for her kids. My aunt told me last week that my mom’s only wish was for me to get married when she was still alive. I am sure all mothers worry for their single daughters (sons) when all other siblings are married with kids. But ajal maut jodoh pertemuaan di tangan Tuhan.

I had to drag myself to work yesterday and Alhamdulillah work has somehow managed to distract me a little bit from my grief and sorrow. My close friends at work have been wonderful they stayed with me and shared with me my sadness. It helps a great deal when people you know acknowledge the fact that you have just lost a mother. I know a few people who would just look from a far trying their best to stay away as they couldn’t handle if they were to ask and I would end up crying.

I am planning to just face the future gradually like the saying goes, face one day at a time. Right now, my dad is everything to me. I am sure my father misses my mom more than anything. But Alhamdulillah he is strong and I am lucky that I still have him.

I still cry buckets but I guess I need time to pull myself through this dugaan from Allah S.W.T. I am sure many of you had lost your mom or dad and definitely it takes time to move on.

To my friends who came for my arwah mama’s funeral and tahlil. Thank you so much!

Also to those who called, visited, sms-ed, email-ed, sent flowers and cakes/kuih etc, THANK YOU, hanya Allah S.W.T dapat membalas budi anda semua.

Al fatihah.

Semoga roh arwah dicucuri Rahmat dan ditempatkan bersama orang-orang yg beriman. Amin

13 comments:

Seeking Solace said...

Dear Dear Nour,
I'm so sorry to hear of your mom's passing. I'm glad to know you have your family and friends close by... mine were my pillar for me to get through losing my dad 2 years ago. It does get better in time, InsyaAllah. Take care of yourself and lots of prayers & hugs from me.

Tynna said...

It's oke Nour and yet not oke..
your mom knows that you love her...dun cry too much coz she of all people dun want to see you sad..let her go in peace..
you are a good daughter and someday , you will be a mother yrself..you will be loved too..

you know how mothers care for children right?
they want all the best for their kids...for them to be happy and safe...
now that yr mom is not around anymore and she cannot do anything manually to help the family...the least you can show is that you are capable to cope and that will make her happy Nour..
God bless you and yr family Nour..
Al Fatihah

Dade Ghost said...

Nour, remember this... it is now your turn to carry her legacy... to be a great mother to your children... InsyAllah.

Only time will fill the emptiness u r feeling.... I should know...

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you're back. I hope you will be much stronger and Insyallah, ur late mother bersama mereka yang soleh. Take care

UglyButAdorable said...

Ya Allah Nour....my condolences...innalillah... I'm so sorry i've missed the bus here..

May Allah put her soul among the pious and may we be her neighbours...

I'm trully sorry nour...

Nour said...

Dear SS,
Thank you so much. I do hope that it gets better through time. I am better now as compared to the first few days..:) Thanks again ya. **hugs**

Feline sis,
Yeah you are right, I shld continue her legacy, by taking care of my dad. I think she would want that :) Al Fatihah.

DG,
Thanks! I feel better already reading your comments :) I guess thru time I would be able to be OK.

nzn,
hey sis..am always happy to see you here. Thank you for your words of encouragement. It does help :)

UBA,
Thank u for yr kind words. Al fatihah.

Anonymous said...

i am so sorry. i have been busy with my wedding and work that i haven't been checking others' blogs for awhile.

it's easy to tell you to be strong although i can't imagine what you're going thru... but i think you'd do fine, thru time. take care, dear.

Anonymous said...

Assalamualaikum,

My condolences to you.. I understand what you are going through now because I went through it 4 months ago with the passing of my husband..

Sometimes people said that they feel the same way but in retrospect.. they don't.. Although, in my case is different from yours.. but I do understand it..

Sometimes, I do cry but not as much as I used to.. Insha Allah.. with time.. you'll be alright too..

Anyway, I should take my own advice..

Wish you well dear..

Seeking Solace said...

Glad to know you are better now.

Nour said...

suriyati,
thank you.
I am sure it was tough for you when you lost yr husband..and I also know that you are one strong person to be where you are now.

Read all your entries..and it touched my heart.

Thanks ya for being supportive I appreciate it so much.

I wish you happiness always!

Nour said...

Beskot,
thanks dear.

Nour said...

Hi SS,

:)thanks.

Am trying my best to accept and be strong but sometimes I just cry when i think of her and the memories I have with her. Something that i know I have to face and live with.

Theta said...

Dearest Nour,

Like you, I too share a close relationship with my mom.

Grieving is part of the process of coming to terms. Just take your time with it. Don't rush.

InsyaAllah, things will fall in place smoothly.

Take care.