Tuesday, May 29

Singapore Trekking...

My three days escapade in Singapore ended yesterday, I felt it was such a breeze and was contemplating to extend a few more days (wishful thinking)..Hehehe. Unfortunately my work load does not permit and also staying a few more days would definitely cost a bomb. I was there for the Grand Sale and somehow noted that only certain items were on sale. Those who are techie and so into ipods, handphones etc might find it worth buying. As usual I was at the DFS Galleria, Marks & Spencer etc. The massive crowd were mainly heading towards MNG and Zara. I bought a few items that I thought were definitely cheaper than KL :D

I like the name of this tower located somewhere near Orchard Road..hehe



Since my mom originates from Singapore and me, myself was born in Singapore...I still miss the lontong, roti prata, mee rebus, kacang pol, murtabak etc. So what I did was to try out all those food. Those food are sold here but believe me they don't taste as good as the ones in Singapore! The only thing I could NOT get was the daging dendeng...sedihhnye!



Correct me if I am wrong, one thing that bugs me till now is the fact that paper napkins or tissues are never made available for free in the restaurants or stalls I went to in Singapore. You need to pay for them. Why is this eh??





the all time favourite...roti prata..a lil bit different from our normal roti canai.

The family went for some fun at the Singapore Zoo. It was soooo tiring (We were there for almost 4 hours!!) but very educational especially for the kids. My personal favourite is the Polar bear. Awesome! I think I covered the whole area, both my kaki hurts like hell..told my brother that my feet felt like "berbuah"and soon it will go berbatu..!Haahahahha! The kids love the penguins but we were unlucky since as soon as we reach the sealion and penguin showtime spot, it was already full. We only managed to get a glimpse of the penguins swimming around the pool. They are so cute and adorable. I like! It was extra tiring may be due to the distance from one animal spot to another and the hilly structure of the zoo area. Nonetheless, I would definitely recommend the Singapore zoo for all kids.

The man made elephants at the entrance of the zoo

my favourite view of the lake A short story on the pregnancy process of mommy kangaroos..

20 comments:

Mama Rock said...

weiiiii...laaaaama sangat mama tao pergi singapore zoo and i miss kacang pol too!

Anonymous said...

yummy..kacang pol mmg sedap, it has an acquired taste to it..but i bet most m'sians who've never heard of it would go like "kacang what???"

Dade Ghost said...

I have always love going to the zoo, but how come I dont remember going to the one in Singapore?

Ha Par Villa ada lagi tak? I love watching the small figurines in battles, so bloody and gory!

Nour said...

mama,
You can try to look for the kacang pol in cans..pastu just masak sendiri guna remaph :) Tak yah nak gi all the way to Johor or Singapore.

lil sis,

yeah it is not widely known..but I am sure most Johoreans have tasted it somehow or rather :)

DG,
I have been travelling back and forth to Singapore for ages..but baru first time gi zoo...terukkan..hehehhe

Ha Par Villa? Tak pernah dengar..nanti I check dgn my aunties.

UglyButAdorable said...

waaa..holiday aaa..bezz nyerrr...

Tynna said...

yepp...Haw Par Villa still exists...infact it has been revamped..
I'm glad u love travelling to SG Nour...I myself have not gone to buy anything yet.....hehe...I think I have nothing in mind..
You wanna know how to make kacang pool? I can teach you...
actually it's pronounced as phool...arabic for beans...
I dono why ppl say phool and add kacang to it:))

Azer Mantessa said...

wah ... daging dendeng!!!

Angel Eyes said...

dendeng daging

murtabak@Arab Street

kacang pool

lontong goreng

Tu semua S'pore punye makanan. sedappppp!

Nour said...

Adorable,
holiday memang best..hehehe. But then I hate it when I have to start work again. :P

Hello Feline,
My mom can cook phool since the whole family loves it. As for me, hehehhe I have not tried cooking it myself. I know she puts some spices in the mashed phool..But the ones you get at Arab Street or Geylang is just sooo sedap.

Eversince I was little, I keep hearing my aunties referring it as kacang phool. May be a mix culture of Arab and the local Malays.

Azer,
daging dendeng dia sedaapppp I tell you. I was there on Monday and it was closed for the day :(

Nour said...

Sheryl babe...well I am sure you
would know coz you are always in Singapore too :)

Yummyliciouskan! Anyways you have fun when you are there ok! Shop till you drop..BTW I had fun talking to yesterdayday. Nanti I catch up with you again eh.:)

Idham said...

nour....:)

sound like u had a wonderful shopping time and makan2 time in spore...great!

the foods u mentioned remind me of time I ws in spore! Semua tu best best ....and guess what, i can find dageng dendeng in jeddah ...and just as good as the one in river valley sana tu....

arab streets - famous also eh for food ! there is one restoren muslims there....always crowded.

so...u ada spore PR ka?

idham

Angel Eyes said...

Murtabak @ Arab Street, esp that Victory or Zam Zam Restaurant.

Enjoyed talking to you too Nour! Nak kirim barang nanti bilang ok?

trueblue said...

Hey darling,
You sure had loads of fun there, huh? My trip was oklah. I'm not so much of a shopper. My mum in-law yang lebih. She can go for hours man...Letih I tengok dia..

And now I dah balik ni, sakit2 pulak.. *sigh*

Nour said...

Idham,

U planning to work in Singapore again?? If you do..hehehehe bestla we all can visit you there.

Nope not a PR holder...Truly Malaysian.. At the age of 21 you are normally given a choice kan whether to opt for citizenship in the country where you were born .I chose to remain a Malaysian..:)


Sheryl,

Do you know that Victory dah bukak satu branch kat USJ??...the nasi beriani and murtabak sedap! It is located at the shops after the masjid if you are coming from Summit. Tryla...worth it! :)

Trueblue babe,
I know what you mean. This time round I didn't shop much..last year I covered Orchard Road..this year only selected shops. Tak larat..I balik pun sakit..:) Amboi yourr MIL..not bad..she must have enjoyed herself

Angel Eyes said...

Nour,

I know! Saw the shop last month and wanted to give it a try but who knows the shop was closed. Best eh? Wah, there goes my diet la ini maciam.... hehe

Keropok said...

I HATE SINGAPORE! But heading there next week on business, so I guess I'll have to be on my best behaviour. Maybe hit Serangoon Road for some kari kepala ikan.

Tynna said...

hahhahahha Keropk hates Singapore but he wants to indulge in the Kari kepala Ikan in Serangoon..tahu plak tempat nak cari kari ek? :p

Nour said...

Sheryl,
Hehe diet but once a mth can treat yourself to beriyani la.

keropok,
Why do you HATE Singapore?? I am curious...Wah, I didn't know Serangoon Road ada kari kepala ikan! Anyways have fun in Singapore and dont forget...pls behave! :D

Feline,
Yeah ...that was my reaction too...hehehe.

Hmm, I was wondering whether is the kari kepala ikan in Serangoon Road worth trying?? Anyone?

Angel Eyes said...

Tak sure abt the kari kepala ikan in Serangoon, maybe should ask sis Feline?

Maybe i can check it out soon!

*put on my spy sunglass*

Tynna said...

Nour...all the best curry dishes can be found at Serangoon coz it's Little India and I'm sure someone must have made that particular kepala kari ikan famous...hehe
in Serangoon road...most indian restaurants are vegetarian..so if you wanna eat non vegetarian food you go to the right place oke..and you definitely won't miss it coz it's everywhere