Monday, October 27

Have been waiting for this break....


I was in Awana Kijal for 3 days during the Deepavali weekend, spending some quality time with my close friends. At the same time I had an important issue at the back of my mind that was pretty much bothering me, an issue that I know would change my life in this near future.....in my mind, I was weighing all the pros and cons before deciding on something .....and nothing has been decided just yet even tho I am already back in KL....am still thinking hard. Oh well, let it flow, thot that being away from my life in KL, a decision can be made..Tough luck!
Anyways, talking about sandy beaches and good company....I can't wait for my trip to Penang next month.....:-D. Any suggestions where I can get good food, authentic Penang food?
The trip to Terengganu took us more than 5 hours. What would normally take us about 4 hours to reach Kijal, unfortunately for this particular trip, it took us girls more than usual, we left KL about 11am plus and reached Terengganu around 4pm. We stopped at the Temerloh R&R for some food and spent almost two hours talking and gossiping and we totally forgot about our trip. Haha! My friend drove half way and I took over and drove the remaining half. The weather was a little bit gloomy but I like it that way, as it was very relaxing.

Once we reached Awana, we checked in and went straight to the in house Spa and made our reservations. Talk about being soooo vain…hehe! What do you expect when it comes to girls, vacationing and Spa? However, I was pretty dissappointed with the facial because the face massage lasted only for a few minutes. Comparing it to my normal facial sessions here in PJ and KL, I would rate their service below average. It is supposed to have a Spa resort quality service right? Anyway, when the receptionist gave me a form to complete, I made a point to tell them how dissappointed I was.

We also went for a few rounds of beach strolling, walked about 15 minutes to see the jetty..told my friends...this is like walking non stop..penat giles, the beach is private, so that explains the clean and beautiful sandy beach. We also managed to check out the Jacuzzi as well as the huge swimming pool. After the pool and "hot" jacuzzi we then sat under the Kabanas for hours, chatting and laughing our lungs out. The sea was kinda rough in the mornings and evenings, but then again it is currently the monsoon season. I love the sound of the beach and rough waves when I am still in bed.....very soothing :)

The restaurants in Awana were closed for some UMNO makan2 and gathering on the first night, so we had no choice but to scout for food outside, we had our dinner at an authentic local warung with the locals (this place has the most pak ciks in kopia hanging around)....and food court in the new and only mall located within the vicinity called Mesra Mall.... they have Giant but it was not opened to public just yet. They were still doing minor renovations here and there.
But on our last night, we went to check out the live band in the club. They had a local band performing till about 12 midnight. I bumped into the male singer earlier when I was in the convenient store (located outside of Awana along the main road) buying my yogurt and he was at that time paying for his cigarettes. When he introduced himself to me in the club that night, he said “ macam pernah nampak je”…I just smiled…talk about having good memory eh :-D






Driving along the stretch between Awana and the other small towns can be a little bit spooky because of the almost non-existence of any street lights. Street lights were pretty much scarce along both sides of the road. The street lights will only appear when you reach a certain town. Imagine, having to depend on your car lights, which I find is extremely dangerous especially when there are only a few cars on the road. I really hope the Government can do something about this. Siapa yg ada problem with vision at night should SKIP driving at night. So taht explains why I ended up being the ONLY driver when night came..the rest were scared to drive...hmmpp.

We reached KL on Sunday at 7 pm…I think! Feeling rejuvenated and happy that we got to spend some quality time with each other. Oh and not to mention I have keropok lekor to keep me occupied. Hehe!

6 comments:

gravtkills said...

next time stop by Chukai Kemaman for some Hai Peng Kopitiam

kawaii_desu said...

wah jelesnya....

Nour said...

GK,
Thanks for the tip...we passed thru Kemaman but didnt get to try the Kopitiam..next time I hope!

Kawaii,
When I was there, the occupancy level was pretty high, musim2 monsoon ni pun ramai nak gi mandi laut. Ajakla yr friends gi Awana...am sure you will have a great time.
Tak balik Penang ke?

Cosmic_GurL said...

Asyik berjalan jer u ni eh? Hehehe...

Nour said...

CG,
Jalan2 makan angin..:)

gravtkills said...

oh yeah and the seafood shop near the hai peng kopitiam as well